Kettlebells are pieces of weight training equipment that originated from Russia where they go by the name of ‘girya’ but are now popular the world over, or at least amongst those in the know and who appreciate effective training methods that aren’t always recognised by mainstream gyms. Kettlebells are usually made of cast-iron and look like a cannonball with a handle welded on which allows you to pick them up and perform numerous weight training exercises that are perfect for those who want to get in great shape, put on some muscle, have a cardio workout, burn calories and improve their balance and co-ordination all in one workout with one type of fitness equipment.
Kettlebells are usually made of cast-iron and look like a cannonball with a handle welded on which allows you to pick them up and perform numerous weight training exercises that are perfect for those who want to get in great shape, put on some muscle, have a cardio workout, burn calories and improve their balance and co-ordination all in one workout with one type of fitness equipment.
Why Kettlebells are Excellent for Home Workouts
If you plan to do any kind of training or exercise at home whether you are working towards getting that beach body you always wanted, increasing your strength or getting fitter, then a set of kettlebells should be at the top of your shopping list and could be the only piece of home gym equipment you ever need. There are a few good reasons why you should seriously consider getting a set of kettlebells no matter how big or small your home setup is already and here are a few good ones to help convince anyone who is still unsure about these piece of gym equipment:
- Extremely Versatile: this type of fitness equipment is very versatile and can be used to do lots and lots of different exercises that you would otherwise need lots of different pieces of equipment for. Want to do a chest press and don’t want to buy a bench, a barbell and some weights? Don’t worry you can do kettlebell floor press without any additional equipment. Want to do a squat and don’t have a power rack? Don’t worry; you can do kettlebell goblet squats without one.
- Suitable for Many Different Goals: If you are training to get fit and increase your cardio vascular performance then you can do a powerful circuit training routine with just a kettlebell that will leave you out of breath and sweating like the proverbial. If you want to lose weight then you can do calorie busting interval training sessions with only a kettlebell for company that will help transform your body into a calorie burning furnace. If you want to get lean and toned and look the fittest guy or girl at the beach then a kettlebell allows you to perform all the essential compound exercises that can help you pack on the muscle and strip of the fat. Whatever your goals it is highly likely a kettlebell is all you need to succeed at home.
- Space and Money Saving Abilities: One of the main problems with setting up a home gym is that there can be a lot of cost involved if you go all out and try and recreate a commercial gym in your spare room. We don’t recommend you go down this route as it can be very expensive and take up a lot of room. In fact even if you do have the space and the spare money lying around it isn’t even necessary to build a full home gym. A kettlebell can perform so many different functions that it can be all you need to get started and even reach your goals. You don’t need to buy a space hogging treadmill or bank balance zapping smith machine to get in shape.
So as you can here are just three great reasons to start thinking about getting your first kettlebell whether you are in the early stages of starting to train at home and get away from the gym on a part-time or full-time basis or whether you have a functioning home gym already and want to make your training even more dynamic and effective. Whatever your goals, a set of kettlebells has a part to play and should be seriously looked into.
Both men and women can make great use from a good kettlebell set and no matter what your goals are, they can help you achieve them.
To reach your health and fitness goals all you need is dedication and the right equipment. After all, you don’t want to be the guy with all the gear and no idea, do you?
Latest posts by Jay (see all)
- The Best Suspension Trainers 2018 - February 11, 2017
- LifelineUSA Jungle Gym XT Suspension Trainer Review - November 6, 2016
- How Often Should You Do a Kettlebell Workout - March 6, 2016